Sexual harassment is abuse
Overstepping someones boundaries in a sexual manner is sexual abuse. Harassment can be verbal, symbolic, physical or digital. This behavior is always unwelcome and done without the consent of the person being harassed.
Examples of sexual harassment
- Sexual comments or jokes.
- Sexual images or messages sent.
- Unwelcomed requests for sexual images.
- Persistent invitations for dates or sex over consistent rejections.
- Pats, strokes or other unwelcome touches, over or under clothing.
Sexual harassment can happen in the work place, schools, within institutions, groups of friends, at clubs, during sports or other exercise, online to name a few examples.
If you feel like your boundaries have been overstepped sexually and you feel bad about it, it is reason enough to look into it, for example with a consultation at Bjarkarhlíð.