Sexual abuse online and on smartphones
The body parts in the middle of your body that are related to sex and having children are called genitals. They are nothing to be ashamed of, but we still don’t want to show them to just anyone. They are our private parts
- Taking sexual photos of children under 15 is not allowed.
- Sending anyone under 15 a photo of genitals is not allowed.
- Sending a picture of genitals is never allowed unless consent has been given, even between two adults.
- Adults are not allowed to send children sexual text messages.
- Sharing sexual photos of others or threatening to do so is not allowed.
All of this is illegal and should not happen.
It is always better to tell someone if you have experienced abuse, no matter how long ago it was. It is best to talk to an adult, like your parents or a teacher. You can also get help in the webchat Sjúkt spjall.
If you see something online that you feel bad about and you want to get help with you can report it to the Barnaheill tip line.